French choreographers Annie Vigier and Franck Apertet (les gens d’Uterpan) investigate the norms that dictate the terms of representation in the performing arts. For the activation of the strategy Géographie https://www.lesgensduterpan.com/proj_geography_uk.html in the exhibition Confinement at the Contemporary Arts Center, Cincinnati, the choreographers are looking for 3 dancers (male or female).
The audition will take place on Tuesday October 29st and Wednesday October 30th, 2019, at 10 am BY INVITATION
(arrival at 9 am for registration and warm-up) in the Black Box at the Contemporary Arts Center, Cincinnati
Dancers who wish to be considered must be available during all of the following period:
- the entire period of the audition
- 6 days from Friday November 1st to Wednesday November 6th, 2019 (4 hours/day) for the creation of a 4 hour long choreography
- 6 days of rehearsal from Friday November 8th to Wednesday November 13th, 2019 (4 hours/day)
- 4 additional days of rehearsal in the exhibition space from Saturday November 16th to Tuesday November 19th, 2019 (4 hours/day)
- The dancers will have to plan their own individual warm-up 1 hour before each rehearsal at the agreed place.
- Then 2 days/week, starting from Friday November 22nd, 2019 (opening) to the end of February with 3 performances in November, 8 in December, 9 in January, 8 in February for a total of 28 performances.
- This schedule is not absolutely definitive but should not change more than a day or two
For the project, the 3 chosen dancers will be independent contractors of The Contemporary Arts Center, Cincinnati and
will receive a flat fee of $3,520 for the rehearsals and performances.
Dancers interested in the audition should send a CV, portrait photo, and a short video showing them in a performing situation, as well as a letter of motivation, to the following address: email@example.com
The deadline for submissions is Friday October 11th, 2019. Candidates chosen to audition will be notified via e-mail.
More information about The Contemporary Arts Center, Cincinnati: https://www.contemporaryartscenter.org/
Additional funding for Confinement is provided by Étant donnés Contemporary Art, a program of the French American Cultural Exchange (FACE) Foundation.